14 May 2010

Breakin' In The Mixer: Multigrain Pizza Crusts

I mentioned in my last post that I'd be making these pizza crusts when my Kitchenaid mixer arrives. Well, yesterday when I came home from work, I had a pleasant surprise at my front door!


Needless to say, everything I originally planned on doing (cleaning, calling my parents, etc.) was thrown out the window and I got to work on those pizza crusts!



It definitely tested my patience with this recipe. I'm not use to working with yeast... and it requires a lot more waiting than I'm used to! I followed the recipe almost exactly, save these minor changes:

  • I didn't have any sesame, poppy, or other seeds on hand, so I omitted them.
  • I didn't have dried onion, so I used 2 heaping tablespoons of Mrs. Dash Garlic & Herb.
  • I used ground flax meal instead of flax seeds.
  • I only had 1/4 cup of oil (not 1/3).
  • I brushed the top of the crusts with vegetable oil and sprinkled dried oregano on top before baking.
Regardless, they were yummy! The recipe yielded 16 individual-sized crusts. I saved 4 in some parchment paper, 1 in the fridge, 6 in the freezer, and 4 I brought to work for a friend of mine. Yes, that only adds to 15... so what did I do with the 16th one?

I made a pizza, of course!


Green Monster Personal Pizza
Serves One

1 Multigrain Pizza Crust
1/2 haas avocado
2 tsp minced garlic
5 asparagus spears
8 leaves of baby spinach
1 oz. feta cheese

Top the crust with garlic, followed by spinach and asparagus. Crumble feta cheese on top as evenly as possible. Bake at 400 degrees F for 5-7 minutes or until crust gets golden on the edges. Remove from oven and top with avocado.

Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment