08 May 2010

Carb Addiction? Maybe!

I'm realizing more and more as I look at the foods I'm eating on my SparkPeople nutrition tracker that I'm totally enamored with carbohydrates. Not necessarily white sugar (as I tend to use Truvia in my coffee, baking, etc.) or breads, but I eat lots of cereal, oatmeal, fruits, and other things that are high in carbs and naturally-occurring sugars.

But, since I've been baking and cooking more frequently due to this blog (more so baking than cooking!) I've been completely carb-crazy beyond what I've been previously!

Anyway, here are some delicious creations that were pretty simple! One is my very own creation, and one is from another blog.

Strawberry-Banana Flax Pancakes
Makes 6 Pancakes

1 cup Heart Smart Bisquick mix
2 tbsp ground flax meal
1 banana, mashed
3/4 cup unsweetened soy milk
4 strawberries, diced
2 packets Truvia sweetener
1 egg white

Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl. Make pancakes with a 1/4 cup measuring cup and cook until brown on both sides.

I don't think these need any syrup because when you get a bite that has a bit of strawberry in it, you get a punch of sweetness! Man, Bisquick is awesome -- perfect for lazy folks like myself!

Cocoa Banana Cupcakes
Makes 12 Cupcakes
Taken from Love and Olive Oil.


This was really simple to make! Substitute apple sauce for the oil and Truvia for the sugar and it will be not-so-bad for you in the end... right? (Haha.)

2 comments:

  1. Well, as a fellow carb-maniac, I must say applaud your honesty! Your cupcakes look very, very good. Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful creations. Great photos too. Have a great weekend. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete