12 July 2010

A [Belated] Patriotic Pie

I made this for my coworkers the day before my vacation began. All of my bakeware was in boxes in preparation of my move. I didn't want to buy tons of stuff to bake with, or to use my cleaned oven, so a no-bake cake or pie was the only option!


Patriotic Creme Pie
Serves 8 to 12.

8 oz cream cheese
12 packets Truvia (or other stevia sweetener)
8 oz Sugar Free Cool Whip
1/2 cup raspberries + some for topping
1/2 cup blueberries (more or less...)
1 graham cracker pie crust

Blend cream cheese and Truvia until smooth. Fold in Cool Whip until completely combined. Take half of the mixture and put it in a separate bowl.

Take 1/2 cup raspberries and mash them up until juicy. Pour the smashed raspberries into one of the cool whip mixtures and stir to combine. Pour into the crust and smooth into an even layer. Top with the plain cool whip mixture and spread until it covers the raspberry mixture completely and is flat on top.

Arrange blueberries and remaining raspberries on top in any way you'd like... get creative! :) Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours (overnight is best).

No comments:

Post a Comment